You are warmly invited to enter the Spring 2023 Forest Hall Club Championship, which runs from February to June (plus playoffs potentially in July).
Here are the details:
1. Free to enter for all Forest Hall Chess Club members. (non-members are also welcome, it costs £5 to play)
You should be an English Chess Federation Bronze member (at least) to play. You can join the ECF here: https://www.englishchess.org.uk/ecf-membership-rates-and-joining-details/ or call the ECF during office hours: Telephone 09.00 – 17.00 Monday – Friday: 01424 775222
Entries please to the organiser, Tim Wall: Tel. 0750 3722366, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Deadline: ASAP, please – the last entries will be taken on February 28.
2. 5 round Swiss, ECF rated.
3. Time control: 45 mins & 15 seconds per move.
4. Trophies and prizes will be presented in various rating and age sections, including Open, Under 1800, Under 1500, Top Female player, Top Junior player (Under 18), Top Veteran (Over 60). Prizes and trophies will be announced at the end of Round 1, when we know the total number of entries.
5. Arranging to play. Once you have entered, you will be sent the contact details (tel and email) for your opponent for each round.
You may then agree to play at any time up to the deadline. Games should normally be played at Forest Hall Social Club, either upstairs on a Thursday club night, or downstairs in the Lounge any evening you wish (Forest Hall Social Club welcomes us playing chess downstairs in the Lounge).
Of course, the best match conditions (quiet etc) are upstairs on Thursdays.
6. Round deadlines:
Round 1 deadline: Feb. 28.
Round 2 deadline: March 31.
Round 3 deadline: April 30.
Round 4 deadline: May 31.
Round 5 deadline: June 30.
Playoffs deadline: July 31.
7. Reporting results.
Once you have played your game, both players should send the result to the organiser, Tim Wall:
Text/WhatsApp: 0750 3722366, email: email@example.com
Please tell your friends and clubmates. The more entries, the better!
Any questions, please call or ping me anytime.
Tel/WhatsApp: 0750 372 2366
Entries and results can be found on the following Chess-results page: